Info: This error may mean one of the following:
· The game was purchased and downloaded, but you aren't signed in and connected to Xbox Live.
· The game was purchased and downloaded by another family member, and that person is not signed in to the console.
· The game disc is not in the console.
Solution 1: Check Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Go to support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status and check
Solution 2: The game was downloaded by another family member
If the game is licensed to another family member, do one of the following:
· Have the family member who purchased the game sign in to the Xbox One console.
· Set the Xbox One as the home console for the user who purchased the game. See the below steps:
Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
Select All Settings.
Select My home Xbox.
Review the information, and then do one of the following:
· Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
· Select This is not my home Xbox to remove the designation.
Solution 3: The game is disc-based
Insert the game disc into your Xbox One console.