Ghost of Tsushima is currently rocking a 9.3/10 as its Metacritic user score, the first game to test out the site’s new “you must wait 36 hours before posting a user review” system that was implemented after thousands of negative reviews of TLOU2 came in after the first few hours.
For comparison, very few games end up getting above a 9/10 at all in total. Breath of the Wild is an 8.6, Red Dead 2 is an 8.4. But the ones that are closest to Ghost are all-time greats like God of War (9.2), The Last of Us 1 (9.2) or The Witcher 3 (9.2). I can’t check literally every game on the site, but Ghost’s 9.3 is the highest I can find…anywhere.
Is Ghost of Tsushima really the best game of all time? I mean, probably not, but it is extremely good, and shows at least some level of disconnect between critics and players here, this time in a reverse direction. Ghost of Tsushima’s 83 Metascore is certainly solid, but that makes it only the 17th highest rated PlayStation exclusive of all time. Meanwhile, players seem to be calling it one of the best games of this generation, at the very least.
I’m somewhere in the middle. While I do not personally think Tsushima is better than the likes of God of War or The Witcher 3, I do think it’s absolutely one of the best PS4 games of the generation. I haven’t done my official review yet, but as a sneak preview, I think I landed on a 9.5/10, the same score I game The Last of Us Part 2, even though the games are dissimilar lots of ways. I don’t need to extol all the virtues of Ghost here, but the visuals, the combat and the story all combine for a truly epic experience, and I am glad to see the game both selling well and being embraced by fans.
This patch includes the following new updates:
New difficulty level: Lethal
Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:
- Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- Enemies detect you faster
- Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Lower Intensity Combat
Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.
- Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
- Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal
- Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
Patch 1.05 also includes additional bug fixes.
- Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
- New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
Yep, I've been playing with HDR off mostly because I encountered this in TLoU II, Days Gone, and Tsushima. Try to recalibrate the HDR settings from PS4 dashboard. It helped me a bit but the problem persists. I have a 4k TCL TV.Not sure if this is my TV's fault or what but turning off the in-game HDR made the game look much much better as compered to when it was on. I have my TV's picture mode set to HDR + and the In-game HDR option is off. Tried the vice-versa approach and the IQ just felt awful.
Has anyone else encountered the same issue?
i feel this is chandoo 2.0 back in the time when he didn't had a ps3Jin Sakai, Following the golden birds for the sauna and rare stuff, The side quests like the Heavenly Strike which feels like the main quest and that freaking Stand Off is amazing stuff. Currently binge watching TheRadBrad and on the 15th playthrough and not even slightly bored yet.
I like the little details where the animations of the bear throwing you off is so unique.
Senior members derail karain thread to koi masla nahi bas juniors ko nahi karna chahiyye,bass karo yar itni bezti na karo
just be happy Jin isn't a gay samurai out for revenge, he's a straight samurai out for revenge .. otherwise Leon's response would be very different